A 5 mile run/ 5K run & walk through the colorful city of Deerfield Beach which will start at the beach & end at the beach with all proceeds benefitting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County
Sunday Oct. 1st, 2017. Race begins at 7:30 a.m. (Hillsboro Blvd South of Federal will close at 7:00 a.m.)
Deerfield Main Beach Parking Lot
149 SE 21st Ave Deerfield Beach, FL
Race begins just south of the lot at intersection of Ocean Way & SE 2nd Street
5M&5K Run (USATF Certified, FL 92026DL,) Gene Witkowski
5K Walk- (3.10 miles) (not judged or timed)
Race Day Parking:
- Metered spaces along the beach
- The parking garage located at 123 N.E.20th Ave is offering an $8 Flat Fee for Dunn’s Run Participants
- There will be free but limited parking in the main beach parking lot – where the event takes place.
- Plenty of free parking will also be provided at Two Georges at the Cove Restaurant and Marina!
PLEASE NOTE: Hillsboro Blvd South of Federal, and the bridge will both close at 7:00 a.m.
5K Run/Walk & 5-Mile Run:
- 7:30 a.m. start- 5K & 5-Mile Runners (timed)
- 7:35 a.m. start- All Walkers (non-timed)
Kids Fun Run:
- All Kids Fun Run participants ages 2- 6 will receive a medal
- Yard Dash: ages 2 and under (free)
- 100 meter run: 3-6 ($10, will also receive a shirt)
Awards given in the 5M & 5K run to top Male & Female overall, Masters Male & Female overall, Three Deep in Age Groups, Wheelchair Male & Female overall.
Q: Where does the race start?
A: Race begins just south of the Main Beach Parking lot at intersection of Ocean Way & SE 2nd Street
Q: Will there be race-day packet pickup?
A: Yes. There will be race-day packet pickup starting at 6:30 a.m. on Race Day Sunday; however, we strongly encourage participants to pick up their packets at the Packet Pick-Up Parties
Q: Where can I look up the race results?
A: We will post race results on the results page of this website right after the race, and also on the Dunn’s Run Facebook page
Q: Can I use a baby jogger, roller blades, scooter, or bike?
A: No roller blades, scooters, bicycles, these items are all strictly prohibited from the course. Strollers are acceptable ONLY for the 5K Walk.
Q: What if it rains on race day?
A: Dunn’s Run will take place rain or shine. In the event of extreme weather, the race will be canceled only if absolutely necessary for the safety of participants, volunteers and event staff. In this case, there will be no refunds of race entry fees.